Traditionally soup recipes call for first making a stock, straining then adding the veggies & meat back to the stock – I wasn’t about that. I wanted to quickly make a soup that would help an irritating cough. Turmeric and ginger are excellent cough and flu remedies so I wanted these to be strong, but tasty.
- 1 litre Water
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Grated Ginger
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Chicken Breast (seasoned & cubed)
- 1 cup Kale (shredded)
- 1 cup Carrots (diced)
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers (diced)
- 1/2 cup Celery (diced)
- Add the turmeric, ginger, rosemary and salt to the water in a large pot and bring to boil over a high heat.
- Reduce to a medium heat then add the chicken and allow to cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, carrots, peppers and celery then cook for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool then serve
This really help to reduce my coughing. The ginger brought a balance to the turmeric so it was not overpowering.