My trip to Tenerife was all about food and relaxation. There I decided to try my hand at a traditional dish, despite having limited cooking tools at the resort. Happily, my first attempt at a tortilla de patatas was a success. It’s quite a hearty meal and goes well with ham and toast.
- 6 Eggs (beaten slightly)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- pinch of salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbs Extra virgin olive oil (I used garlic flavoured oil)
- Heat frying pan then add 1tbs oil
- Over a medium heat cook the onions and potatoes until tender. Avoid browning
- Remove the onion and potatoes from the pan and drain the oil.
- Mix with the beaten egg, add salt and pepper
- Heat remaining oil in the pan then add the egg and potato mixture
- Cook over a medium heat until almost set
- Place a large plate over the pan then carefully invert the omelette onto the plate
- Gentle slide the omelette into the pan with the cooked side facing up
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes until set
- Invert onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve.