I love a thick soup! This is a simple and healthy recipe for sweet potato and pumpkin soup that can be enjoyed by almost anyone – It’s lactose free, and vegan!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 small pumpkin
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cloves cardamom
- 1 tsp masala curry powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- sea salt (to taste)
- Cube the pumpkin and sweet potato and steam until tender
- Separately heat and mix the milk with all other ingredients
- In a food processor blend the sweet potato and pumpkin, adding the liquid until thick but smooth
- Serve with a dash of paprika and coriander
I used a white sweet potato. A red one would give a richer colour. I always choose to steam rather than boil to preserve the nutrients.