- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Seasoning (your preferred)
- 4 small mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 50g Mozarella
- 1/4 cup Spinach (finely chopped)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp melted Butter
- Powdered Garlic
- Rub the chicken with the juice of the lime and salt. Assure to fully cover the chicken.
- Once done rinse the chicken thoroughly. (Some may prefer to let this sit for a few minutes before rinsing – personal preference.)
- Pound the chicken breast until flat and approximately 1cm thick. (With larger or thicker breasts you may want to cut horizontally abut 3/4 into the width of the breast then open the breast like a book before pounding)
- Fully coat the chicken in the apple cider vinegar and the seasoning. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes. I placed mine in the fridge overnight.
- Place the mozarella, spinach and mushrooms onto the chicken breasts then roll to enclose. I use string to hold the breast, but toothpicks can also be used.
- Mix the butter and powdered garlic then brush onto the chicken breasts
- Grease a pan with oilive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F
Tip 1: If you seasoned the breasts in the fridge, allow them to reach room temperature before baking. Usually takes about 20 minutes.Tip 2: A meat thermometer is a great tool to get nice juicy chicken breasts. At a reading of 150F the breasts will be succulent.