Here’s one for the gluten-free. I opted for brown rice fettuccine in this recipe and it was definitely a great choice. It’s a nutritious alternative to ‘regular’ wheat pasta. The brown rice pasta contains about the same amount of calories and nutrients as whole wheat pasta and is therefore a good whole grain option.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g Brown Rice Fettuccine
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Powdered Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 400g Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 175g King Prawn
- Rapidly boil a large pot of salted water then add the pasta.
- Cook pasta for approximately 10 minutes, or until tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat, then add the basil. Stir for approximately 30 seconds then add cayenne, black pepper, onion and garlic. Stir to combine them well.
- Add the crushed tomato and tomato paste then stir to combine them well
- Drain the cooked pasta and add some of the tomato mixture to coat the pasta.
- Add the prawn to the remaining tomato mixture and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with the pasta.