- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped habanero peppers (2 if you like it hotter)
- pinch of saffron threads
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 600g king shrimp
- Heat the oil over a medium heat then add the onion and paprika. Mix and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Do not allow the onion to burn.
- Add the garlic, pepper, saffron, and wine. Allow to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the shrimp, salt and lemon. Cook covered for approximately 5 minutes then uncovered for another 5 minutes.