This recipe was another kitchen experiment for me. I wanted something that paired well with the pineapple fried rice. The combination of pineapple, ginger and honey worked perfectly.
Whenever I can I used ziploc bags. I buy them in various sizes. It just saves time and makes clean up easier.
- 2 large Chicken breast (cubes approximately 1 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Powdered Ginger
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 cup Flour ( I used cassava flour but plain flour would work fine)
- coconut oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Minced ginger
- 1/4 Bell Pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 large ziploc bag
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Thoroughly wash the chicken breasts then cover with apple cider vinegar. allow to sit for 10 – 15 minutes then rinse well.
- Allow to drain
- Separately place all of the dry spices into the ziploc bag, close and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Grease a large baking tray with coconut oil
- Add the flour then shake again to incorporate thoroughly
- Add some the cubes to the ziploc bag and shake to fully coat them in the spice mixture.
- Remove the coated cubes and place onto the baking tray. Continue with the cubes until all are coated and on the tray.
- Baked for approximately 20 minutes until cooked but tender.
- While baking mix the honey, minced ginger and pepper in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken cubes with the honey sauce.