1. Broccoli contains diindolylmethane which is a compound known to prevent viral and harmful activities of bacteria.
2. One of the best nutritional benefits of broccoli is that it is best for pregnant women. The content of folic acid and vitamin C are helpful in cellular division which causes natural growth of fetus. These compounds also help in DNA synthesis of the baby. So, pregnant women should consume vegetables which contain folic acid, for avoiding the defects of birth.
3. It gives you healthy bones because it contains calcium in a high amount which is more than any other vegetables. As we know calcium is helpful to build bone mass.
4. Broccoli is also rich in vitamin A and K that is helpful for you in many cases. These compounds together, help in the metabolism of vitamin D. As vitamin D is one of the essential nutrients for the body for absorbing calcium and other nutritional benefits also, it has the potential ability of sustaining and promoting good health.
5. Another phytonutrients present in broccoli which are glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian and glucobrassicin. These substances are helpful in detoxifying the body from harmful chemicals as well as alcohol.
6. Broccoli is high in vitamin A. Vitamin A is a necessary nutrient for healthy eye and protection of skin. Also Broccoli’s nutrition facts include antioxidant compounds like beta carotene, alpha carotene, zea xanthin are helpful in skin and mucus membrane protection.
7. Broccoli is also enriched with essential phytonutrients and flavonoid compounds like thiocyanates, indoles, sulphoraphane, isothiocyanates, beta and alpha carotene, zea xanthin, lutein. These compounds together protects from various cancer diseases including colon cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. This is why the nutritional benefits of broccoli are more useful for the cancer patients.
8. It is a low calorie food with high fiber content and low fat. So it regulates insulin percentage and fights against diabetes. It decreases blood sugar percentage and defeats diabetes.
9. The sprouts of broccoli give the body maximum power and neutralize carcinogens. Vegetables like broccoli and cabbage are rich in sulfur compounds that protect human body.
10. The content known as glucoraphanin when converted to sulforaphane that protects your skin. So another nutritional benefits of broccoli is that it makes your skin healthy and dazzling.