When I was little I loved to rub beetroot on my lips to “make lipstick”. I’ve never stopped loving beetroot and was excited to try this beetroot risotto. Days before I had an amazing cheese risotto at a restaurant and wondered if I could make a healthy risotto option. With some extra beetroot in my pantry I thought to pair the two and after a little research I realized that I could. It was actually my first time trying risotto and I have to say it was really good.
- 4 medium beetroots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups vegetable Stock
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 cup white wine
- goat cheese
- Finely chop the onion and garlic
- Steam beetroot over a pot of boiling water for approximately 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the beetroots from the heat. Allow to cool then skin and cube.
- In a blender, liquify half of the stock with the beetroot and wine
- Heat olive oil in a pan
- Cook the onion and garlic on a low heat until translucent. DO NOT allow them to burn.
- Add the rice and stir to fully coat in the oil mixture
- Add the stock and stir to cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed
- Add the half the beetroot mixture and stir to cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Once absorbed add the remaining beetroot mixture and cook until absorbed
- Once cooked to with goat cheese and enjoy!