Often we face the difficulty of finding something healthy but affordable to eat. Just out of Uni and not yet in full-time jobs, my old flatmate and I would look for recipes to spice up things like Mackerel, tuna and sardines. This was one that I learnt back then and it remained a favorite of mine. High protein, easy and affordable!
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cans Sardines
- 1/4 Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Small Onion
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Tomato Sauce
- 2/3 Eggs
- Heat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5
- Grease dish with Olive Oil.
- Layer the sardines in the dish.
- Top sardines with bell peppers, onion and black pepper then top with tomato sauce.
- Baked for approximately 7 minutes then remove from the oven and form a hole in the center.
- Crack an egg into the center then crack the others on the top.
- Return to the oven for aother 7 minutes or until the eggs have cooked.